- Elements of theater elective (Kristen Schier)
- Improv Boost (Jay Flewelling)
- Clown for Improvisers (Pasghetti Hopital)
- Putting It All Together (After Party)
- Style Specific: Improvising in a World Somebody Else Created (Aden & Eric Nepom)
- Laser Focus Workshop (Chris Fair)
- Intro to Musical Improv (The Shrieking Harpies)
- Limitless Character (Dartanion London, Super Mega Art Show)
- Coming In (QueerProv)
- Tackling Your Improv Weaknesses Without Destroying Your Egos
About the Show
This show may contain adult language.
Seasoned improvisers Tyler Quinn and Matt Lask explore and exploit their characters' deepest secrets as the emotionally-available long form duo, Pillow Talk. After the twosome gets a secret from the audience, they dive into a set of characters, weaving together storylines and psyches to create a complex world. At any point in a scene, either player can call on the other's character to "Pillow Talk.” This elicits a chorus of echoing whispers from the audience and prompts that character to disclose an inner monologue.
The pace and sharing escalate toward an exciting and satisfying conclusion, with more and more secrets revealed along the way. When it all ends, the room is more connected, brought in on the same secret. “We invite the audience into our bed for a little bit,” says Quinn. “You know, like pillow talk.”
About the Group
"What's a secret you've never told anyone?" From this opening question, each Pillow Talk set features intimacy, emotional availability, and some good-old-fashioned oversharing. For Matt Lask and Tyler Quinn, seasoned improvisers, self-proclaimed sensitive boys, and real life best friends, that oversharing comes naturally.
Fresh off appearances at the 2019 Red Rocks Improv Festival and the 2019 Stumptown Improv Festival, this duo offers something a little different. “We're not in it to make fun of each other or to go for the cheap joke — although we do make jokes,” says Lask. “We're interested in making connections, building energy, and finding what’s funny about our emotions.”
Pillow Talk stars Tyler Quinn and Matt Lask. This is their second visit to SFIT.