- Elements of theater elective (Kristen Schier)
- Improv Boost (Jay Flewelling)
- Clown for Improvisers (Pasghetti Hopital)
- Putting It All Together (After Party)
- Style Specific: Improvising in a World Somebody Else Created (Aden & Eric Nepom)
- Laser Focus Workshop (Chris Fair)
- Intro to Musical Improv (The Shrieking Harpies)
- Limitless Character (Dartanion London, Super Mega Art Show)
- Coming In (QueerProv)
- Tackling Your Improv Weaknesses Without Destroying Your Egos
About the Show
Manacle spends a few minutes at the top of every show, getting to know a couple in the audience and then creates an improvised short play based on their story. Using information mined from their audience interview, Aden and Eric bring you a theatrically crafted performance that, complete with leads and with supporting characters, gives you a voyeuristic glimpse into that couple's feelings, experiences and history. Whoever they get the story from, Manacle strives to give you a stage performance that feels as though each moment has been blocked, scripted, choreographed and rehearsed while still finding ways to surprise, break and delight each other.
This show may contain adult language and themes.
About the Group
Aden and Eric Nepom have been improvising for over 50 years between the two of them. They have been playing together for roughly four years, and have only been married for two blissful year. Individually they’ve created programming, won awards and traveled the world as improv teachers, stage performers and educators. Recognized for outstanding skills in theatre, speech, communication and development these two share a passion for committed character work, grounded platform building and that moment where one realizes that anything can happen in improv! Together they’ve played on stages from as close as 20 minutes from their house, and as far away as Tel Aviv. They’re festival appearances include the Fertile Ground Festival in Portland, OR, The Out of Bounds Comedy Festival in Austin, TX, the Alaska State Improv Festival in Juneau, AK, the Seattle Festival of Improvised Theatre in Seattle, WA, and Mount Olymprov Greek International Improv Festival in Athens, Greece.
This is Manacle's second visit to SFIT.