- Elements of theater elective (Kristen Schier)
- Improv Boost (Jay Flewelling)
- Clown for Improvisers (Pasghetti Hopital)
- Putting It All Together (After Party)
- Style Specific: Improvising in a World Somebody Else Created (Aden & Eric Nepom)
- Laser Focus Workshop (Chris Fair)
- Intro to Musical Improv (The Shrieking Harpies)
- Limitless Character (Dartanion London, Super Mega Art Show)
- Coming In (QueerProv)
- Tackling Your Improv Weaknesses Without Destroying Your Egos
“They mix vulnerability and sweetness with a foundation of blunt, pessimistic honesty, a combination that gets right at your heart.”
- The Stranger
thursday 2/13, 7:30pm at
About the Show
This show may contain adult language.
Fat Cats performs improvised tales of the women (and cats) from your life, based on stories from the audience. Their performances have been described as simultaneously sharply witty, as well as, warm and cuddly. A Fat Cats performance focuses on relationships and authentic emotional commitment to make you laugh, cry, and feel empowered through easily accessible long form improv.
About the Group
Fat Cats is a Seattle based, long form improv duo! Shannon Bass and Olivia Sommers are two passionate improvisers whose experiences as fat, feminist women working for non-profits (and experience owning fat, feminist, non-profit cats) inform their on stage performance. They met through a shared love of improv and the hit CBS reality TV show Survivor. While both Fat Cats have been performing separately for years, the group started performing together in July of 2018, and they have taken the indie scene by storm ever since! They perform on literally any stage someone lets them on in the Seattle metropolitan area, which end up being a total of THIRTY shows their first year, including performing at Femprovisor Fest '19 in San Francisco and the Detroit Women of Comedy Festival! They are excited to be headed to the Alaska State Improv Festival in April 2020!