- Elements of theater elective (Kristen Schier)
- Improv Boost (Jay Flewelling)
- Clown for Improvisers (Pasghetti Hopital)
- Putting It All Together (After Party)
- Style Specific: Improvising in a World Somebody Else Created (Aden & Eric Nepom)
- Laser Focus Workshop (Chris Fair)
- Intro to Musical Improv (The Shrieking Harpies)
- Limitless Character (Dartanion London, Super Mega Art Show)
- Coming In (QueerProv)
- Tackling Your Improv Weaknesses Without Destroying Your Egos
A TRibe called yes
Jet City Improv
friday 2/14, 10:00pm
About the Show
This show may contain adult language.
A Tribe Called Yes: The Battle is Jet City Improv’s hit show will be condensed into the events of one night and what all goes down at The Battle. Drama? Yes. Fresh beats? Hell yes. Hot rhymes? Please believe. Vibrant hip-hop improv from bottom to top.
About the Group
Jet City Improv has created over 75 themed long-form improvised plays (such as this one) over the past 16 years. Additionally, since its formation in 1992, JCI has done over 3000 performances of its hit short-form improv show, and over 600 performances of its hit movie re-dubbing show Twisted Flicks. It also teaches improv classes, provides corporate trainings, and the jewel in its crown is its Outreach department, where we take improv shows to summer camp for kids experiencing a variety of ailments (at no charge to these camps) as well as provide improv classes for at-risk youth in Seattle all year round.
A Tribe Called Yes was directed by Steve Lange in 2017, after being created by the ensemble in an extensive rehearsal process. It’s original run was March 2017. It has performed at Improvaganza (Hawaii), West Coast Improvised Musical Festival, Bumbershoot and PodCon.
A Tribe Called Yes stars Nathan Cox, Preston McNeil, Michael Draper, Kyle Henick, Jekeva Phillips, Belinda Fu, Amalia Larson, Douglas Willott, and is directed by Steve Lange.
This is their second visit to SFIT.